Can you believe it is 2023 already!? We are excited about what this year will bring and all the adventures God has for us all.
We know how busy life can get so wanted to make you aware of some dates for your diaries of things we have planned over the coming months that you are all invited to be a part of.
- Messy church (various dates) A selection of crafts, a bible story and buffet tea. Free event but donations welcome. Perfect for primary school age children and their families
- Saturday 21st January- Messy Church – New beginnings 2-4pm🎉
- Saturday 11th March – Messy Church – Mother’s day theme 2-4pm💐
- Saturday 6th May – Royal Messy Church – Kings Coronation 2-5pm 👑
- Saturday 17th June – Messy Church – Father’s day theme 2-4pm
- Saturday 18th February – Family Quiz and Pizza night 5-7pm 🍕Following our online quizzes during lockdown we are pleased to do one in ‘real life’. A family quiz for all ages. Feel free to enter a team and invite your friends. There is a sign up sheet at the back of church and suggested minimum £10 donation per team towards takeaway pizzas. Please consider how much pizza your team will eat when making your contribution and please let us know any pizza preferences. We look forward to a fun evening. There will be a prize for the winning team.
- Saturday 15th July – Church Family day out to Bolton Abbey (afternoon) Some of you may remember we did this a few years ago and it was lots of fun. Bring your own picnic. We can do some outdoor games and there are walks to do for all interests. Please note there is a carpark charge.
These are all extra events in addition to church every Sunday at 10.30am and Tots praise every Friday morning during term time 9.15-11.30am
**please note on Sunday 29th January church will be a joint service at St Paul’s, Accrington at 10am so there will be no service at St John’s on this date. There will be children’s church with children’s team workers from both St John’s and St Paul’s and there is a brilliant church hall for the kids. The biscuits there were great afterwards too last time so do please come along.
If you are interested in joining our children’s team as we grow please speak to any of us on the team to find out what’s involved.
Thanks as always for your encouragement and support.
Your kids team,
Joyce, Rebecca, Sally, Sarah and Tirzah